Call & Check
Call & Check – a friendly helping hand
Call & Check is a service that has been developed by Jersey Post. It offers a regular visit to members of our community who would benefit from a bit of extra help and support. At the moment, the scheme is being run as a pilot and there is no charge for using the service while it is in the pilot phase.
How does the service work?
Call & Check provides a regular visit for people – daily, weekly or as agreed. Our staff will have brief conversation with the customer to ascertain how they are and if they need anything. Working with our customers’ designated contacts, we are then able to relay important messages or requests back to the relevant authority for action. The postal worker is in no way providing medical care or assistance to the customer, we are simply a regular, friendly face that frequently calls and checks, and can raise concerns with relevant third parties where necessary.
Who can use Call & Check?
Perhaps you, or someone that you know, would benefit from a regular visit by one of our friendly postal workers. That person might be an elderly relative, someone who has just left hospital and is recovering, or someone for whom you provide regular care.
- “It makes me feel so much better knowing that I get my postie’s friendly call to check on me three times a week.” Amy
- “I am an independent person but I look forward to my Call & Check.” John
- “Knowing my mum gets checked on every day during the week takes some of the pressure off my wife and I, and gives us additional peace of mind.” Mike, caring for his mother
- “The Call & Check service gives my mother and I a real feeling of reassurance knowing a regular check is being made.” Helen, caring for her mother
- “Thank you for Call & Check and sorting out for my shopping to be delivered to my home, it makes life a lot easier.” Alice
Holiday cover & support for working carers
Around 9,000 islanders are currently caring for people. If you are helping with, or keeping an eye on a relative or friend, Call & Check can provide support for you either on a one off, or on a regular basis, while you’re at work or on holiday for example.
How do I access this service?
If you would like to sign up, or know someone that could benefit from being on the scheme, you can download an application form here, or for more information and further details on how referrals can be made, please contact:
Call & Check
Alternatively you can call Joe on (01534) 616594 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org